Save time, ask an expert: what goes in a showcase deck?Oct 22, 2023
One of the best parts of being a Change Manager is celebrating progress and success along the project journey. And a great way to do this is through a showcase. You want to make sure it isn’t too dry or technical, or only focused on the solution and its features. You want to make it relevant and meaningful and real.
So what can go into your showcase deck?
- Pull out key phrases from your Inspirational Change Vision
- Add in the key Change Benefits you’re expecting from the solution
- Pop in a 1-minute demo or walkthrough of the solution or the system and what it’s going to do
- Add a video of leaders explaining why they’re so excited about this (audiovisual additions are always great!)
- Source quotes from people who attended training or testing or launch
- Source quotes from people who are already using or doing the new thing. Ask them, “How do you think this is going to change your day-to-day? How do you think it's going to improve your experience?”
- Interview anyone who’s been positively involved or impacted by the change so far - see some examples of written and video testimonials on my Leading Successful Change invitation page
- Run a listening session and gather some real-life examples and stories by asking “What does this mean to you?”
- Add photos from kick off, testing, training and go live
- Put in any early results or improvements
- End with a relevant call to action
The mixed media, images, videos, real-life experiences, and stories are the things that turn a showcase (or anything really) from a technical change to an experiential one. Because ultimately the reason you’re even doing this change is to improve the experience of people. So THAT’S what you want to showcase.
And you don’t have to pull together the whole showcase presentation yourself. Build out the deck, think about the topics you’d love to see and put a heading on the empty slides, then tag someone from the project or business on each slide to populate it with the relevant information or assets. Try to delegate all the slides out - as they say, many hands make light work!
To have everything you need for a showcase, you need to have led a good change. I teach how to do Inspirational Change Visions, Benefits Mapping, Call to Actions and everything else you need for end-to-end change delivery in my Leading Successful Change program. But the program is more than just a Change course - it’s actually about creating a personal transformation to change leadership confidence.
Registrations for my October Group Cohort for Leading Successful Change are now open and this will be the last cohort for 2023 with 6 weeks of bonus Coaching Calls. If you’d like to grow your change confidence and find a life of freedom and flexibility, join LSC before the registration deadline Tuesday October 24 at 5.00pm EDT (New York time) / Wednesday October 25 at 8.00am AEDT (Sydney).
Free Coaching Action Guide : Underpaid & Overlooked
If you're thinking about a pay rise, promotion or full career change, download my free "Underpaid & Overlooked Coaching Action Guide" now to change with confidence and earn your worth.
By completing this form, you'll join my mailing list for info and marketing and can unsubscribe at any time.